BY: CLAIRE KIM
Stress can get the best of us.
We begin to lose interest in pursuing things we love, we get anxious about the easiest decisions, but worst of all, we embrace a negative mindset on all things good or bad. It’s unhealthy to suppress stress; in doing so, you’re chemically exhausting your body while also damaging your mental health.
So what can you do to relieve your stress, to soothe your mind and body from unneeded psychological weight?
Well, as mentioned in the countless lists of activities that can be done for stress relief online, personally, I find that reading novels, short stories, or even poetry specific to wellness can be of some help when mentally frustrated.
Here is a list of books to potentially check out!
1. 10% Happier by Dan Harris
2. Declutter Your Mind by S.J. Scott Barrie Davenport
3. Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson M.D.
4. Manage Your Time To Reduce Your Stress by Rita Emmett
5. Stress Proof by Mithu Storoni M.D. PhD
6. The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris
7. Let That Sh*t Go by Monica Sweeney
8. The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron PhD
9. Calm by Fearne Cotton
10. Get Some Headspace by Andy Puddicombe
11. Be Calm by Jill P. Weber PhD
12. The Little Book of Mindfulness by Patrizia Collard
13. The Anxiety Journal by Corinne Sweet
14. Stress Relief for the Anxious Mind by Lauren Ryan
15. When Panic Attacks by David B. Burns M.D.
16. 52 Small Changes for the Mind by Brett Blumenthal
17. The Big Book of Stress Relief Games by Robert Epstein M.D.
18. Thriving Through Uncertainty by Tama Kieves
19. Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen
20. Get Out of My Head by Meredith Arthur
21. Cards Against Anxiety by Pooky Knightsmith
22. How To Breathe by Ashley Neese
23. The 21 Day Stress Management Challenge by Francie Wyck
24. Control Your Mind and Master Your Feelings by Eric Robertson
25. Toxic Stress by Dr. Harry Barry
*This one is just for fun haha (an especially interesting read for the ladies)!
Mrs. Hinch by Sophie Hinchliffe