BY: CLAIRE KIM
Given President Biden’s Inauguration occurred this past week, I would like to make note of some actions I would like to see under his administration.
- Pandemic playbook, detailing his plans and initiatives to effectively end the coronavirus pandemic
- Economic relief for those individuals who have been and are still severely being impacted by the ongoing global health crisis
- Rational response to climate change (I am aware that he pledged and signed the Paris Agreement; however, this is just the first step to fighting climate change. Climate change is a problem that expands beyond simple actions or decisions and will demand consistent care to actually remedy.)
- Policies that will foster unity amongst all peoples; foreign and domestic relations
- Genuine interest and promotion of mental health awareness/reform
- Greater efforts to promote racial and cultural equality
- LGBTQ+ community support
- Greater funding and aid for the health care industry as they begin providing vaccines for the coronavirus in the coming months
- Informal listening sessions with citizens who want to share their voices and/or concerns
- Considers “diversity” and “inclusion” when making executive orders
Though somewhat worried about the large burden President Biden will have to endure due to President Trump’s incompetence/lack of progress during his presidency, I look forward to the small and big steps the Biden Administration will take over the next four years.